4425 East Fort Lowell Road
Guidelines & Procedures for Interment
Please maintain the historic integrity of the cemetery used as a historic cultural funerary ground and abide by the Arizona State and/or County rules, regulations and laws governing burial of inhumation, cremains and the release of the cremation ash on private land. Contact Cemetery Committee for assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.
- The Fort Lowell Cemetery Committee will unlock the cemetery gate, allowing entrance for the funeral hearse and/or to allow for a limited amount of handicap parking.
- General parking is not allowed on the cemetery grounds.
- General parking located along Fort Lowell Road/Laurel Avenue. Do not block driveways or mailboxes. Allow room for Emergency vehicles.
- The Cemetery gate is not opened for burials of cremation remains or for the release of cremation ash. Request gate opened for funeral attendees requiring handicap parking.
- Locating the location of the new grave must be done by a family member.
- Grave preparation is done by the family or representatives of the family and are hand dug.
- Old Fort Lowell Neighborhood Association, Inc. does not have equipment for opening or closing a grave, and/or does not sell burial containers or liners.
- The burial of two bodies in one grave will not be permitted.
- The Fort Lowell Cemetery is a historic funerary ground. The possibility of uncovering remains is likely.
- Exercise caution while preparing for burial site & respectably re-cover unearthed grave and continue to search for a new grave site.
- The Fort Lowell Cemetery requires a container for burials or a grave liner to protect the burial plot and prevent the collapse of the gravesite.
- Burial of a Body: A Minimum 6 feet deep, 50 feet from property line and 150 feet from any water source.
- Burial of Cremation: A Minimum 3 feet deep enclosed within a box container.
- Cremations may be released on cemetery grounds, if the Interment Application was approved.
- No person will be permitted to use profane or boisterous language while on cemetery grounds or disturb the cemetery property.
- Person’s found on cemetery grounds after dark shall be considered a trespasser and are subject to authorities.
- Application for Addition, shall be submitted to Cemetery Committee prior to any permanent installation of a grave marker, plaques, structures, benches, statues or vegetation planted.
Old Fort Lowell
Neighborhood Association, Inc.
May 21 - Annual Meeting
5230 E. Fort Lowell Road (map
Meet the new 2017-2018 Council members -more>
Old Fort Lowell Neighbohood Association, Inc.
5230 E Fort Lowell Road
Tucson, Arizona 85712